Repetitive tasks aren’t fun. That’s why we made it possible to manage people in bulk…to take the frustration out of simple tasks that happen often.
Our bulk user features allow you to easily select a group of people by clicking the check-boxes next to their names and enroll them in courses, remove them from a course, add/remove them from a ministry group or even edit their account status.
Creating a Group
You’ll need to create a Group before being able to add people to that Group. From the People tab, click Edit Groups, then Add Group. Give the group a name and click Save. That Group is now ready for people.
Creating a Campus
Campuses are similar to Groups in the basics of how they work. You’ll need to create a Campus before being able to add people to that Campus. From the People tab, click Edit Campuses, then Add Campus. Give the campus a name and click Save. That Campus is now ready for people.
How the Campus feature works
People can be organized by campus in ServeHQ, which is similar to groups. However, when you add someone to a campus, they are assigned to be managed by anyone that’s also in that campus with admin privileges. Admins that are assigned to a campus can only see/manage the people in their own campus.
Adding People to Groups or Campuses in Bulk
You can add people to Groups and Campuses in bulk by going to your People tab and selecting the small box next to the names of the people you wish to add to the group. Then click Add to Group or Add to Campus and select the Group or Campus you’d like them to be a part of.
Granting Permissions to People in Bulk
You can grant permissions to access tools, manage content, and other admin privileges in the People tab. Select the people you want to grant permissions to, then click the Add Permissions button that appears, then select the permissions you’d like to add and click Save when you’re done.
A Tip When Editing Multiple Users at Once
Are you going through a list of users or a Group to edit or review information? Since our app is web based, you can open each person’s profile in a new tab and save each one separately. That should save you a bunch of clicks of going BACK each time you want to edit a new person.
Group self-signups allow you to send a link for a specific group you’d like your members or volunteers to be added to once they sign up for their account. You will send them the link for the group you’ve specified and they’ll be able to create an account and automatically be added to the group.
When they join a group, they can also be automatically entered in a FollowUp sequence if you have that group tied to a specific FollowUp. That means you can do things like auto-enroll them in a course, send them a sequence of emails or texts, or assign a staff person to followup with them personaly.
Follow the steps below to use group self-signup.
- Click the people tab and select “Edit Groups” in the upper right
- Click the ellipsis next to the group you wish people to enroll in.
- Click “Copy Invite Link”. This will copy the self-signup link to your clipboard.
- Now paste the link and send it to the people you’d like to enroll in the selected group. You can visit the link yourself to see what the self-signup form looks like.
Importing people in bulk from your church database
Do you have lots of team members? Utilizing our bulk import option is a great way to create accounts for lots of people quickly.
Things to be aware of:
- Importing is currently handled by our support team.
- We handle imports within 24 – 48 hours during the work week depending on the volume of imports or by the end of the day on Monday when submitted over the weekend.
- For the quickest possible service, your CSV or Excel file should be formatted properly. See below for details.
- A unique email is required for each user in the system.
- A phone number can be added as well but is not required. (We strongly suggest adding a phone number for your users if you plan to use texting in HuddleUp.)
Formatting your user list for quick, accurate import:
- Column 1: Full Name
- Column 2: Email
- Column 3: Phone Number (can be added but is not required)
- Column 4: Group (can be added but is not required)
- Column 5: Campus (can be added but is not required)
Here is a sample import template you can use as a starting point.Submit your formatted CSV or Excel file to support through the support request form. Our support team will review and edit lists before running an import, but lists that do not follow the formatting guidelines will be rejected.