All About Our Planning Center Integration
What you can do with our Planning Center integration
When you connect ServeHQ to your Planning Center account, you’ll be given a couple fresh features.
- You’ll be able to quickly import people from your Planning Center Lists into your ServeHQ account.
- You’ll be able to update existing ServeHQ users based on changes that take place in your Planning Center account.
- You’ll be able to automatically send course completion data from ServeHQ back to your Planning Center account.
Connect to Planning Center
To connect your Planning Center account to ServeHQ, go to the navigation bar on the left hand side and go to your settings by clicking on your name. Scroll down on the Settings screen until you find Integrations and select Integrate with Planning Center. You’ll then be sent to Planning Center’s website to authorize the connection. Once this is done, save your settings.
Import people from Planning Center lists
- Log into your Planning Center account and use the Planning Center List feature to create a list of volunteers you’d like to integrate.
- To insure this integration works correctly make sure you have permission to access the “List” feature in PCO and make sure you have at least one list created for the people you are importing. Also, make sure the list has a sharing setting of Editor or above.
- Go to the People view in the left sidebar of your account and click Import from Planning Center. Click the box that says Planning Center Lists and a drop-down will appear with your list(s). Select the list you wish to import and review the people by selecting View People. You will have the option to select and import everyone that’s visible in bulk or individual people.
- When toggling between different Planning Center Lists, be sure to click “View People” again to show the people in the newly selected list.
- Once you have selected your people, you will be able to add them to a pre-made Group that you have created.
4. Once the import is complete, your team members will show up in the People tab in your account.
Automatically send course completion data to Planning Center
If you use Planning Center and have connected your Planning Center account to your ServeHQ account, you have the ability to send course completion data back to your Planning Center account automatically.
When a ServeHQ user completes a course, a Note is created on that person’s Planning Center profile. The Note will contain the name of the course, the date of completion, and the leader of the course at the time of completion. The Note will also be assigned to the right Note Category in your Planning Center account.
How to Set It Up
- Connect your ServeHQ account to your Planning Center account.
- You’ll need to select a Planning Center Note Category for each course that you want saved in Planning Center. Go to the course page and click Edit in the top right corner. Then scroll to the bottom of the page. You’ll see a dropdown option called Planning Center Note Category. Select the Note Category from your Planning Center account and save your changes. You must do this for each course individually.
Make Sure Your Users Are Up-to-date (REQUIRED)
Before your ServeHQ account can push completion data back to your Planning Center account, you’ll need to run a new, fresh import. Even if you’ve imported your people from Planning Center in the past, you’ll need to do this step to make sure your people in Planning Center match your people in ServeHQ.
We updated the import process to include Planning Center IDs for each person that is imported. Without that data being synced, we can’t send completion data back to the person’s Planning Center profile.
When you run a new import, ServeHQ will bring in new users from your list AND update existing users. If you do not run a fresh import, your existing users will not have their Planning Center profiles updated upon course completion.